Saturday 6 October 2012

Plan for Poster


 This is my first poster layout idea.  Conventionally, the poster must include what time the soap is on, what it is called and what channel the audience can watch it on.  I ensured I included all these things.  I like our slogan "It's not always sweet in Cherry Gardens" so I have chosen to use it on both my poster ideas - I think it is memorable and will draw the audience in.  My two ideas are very sinister also; displaying the storyline shown in our trailer where Marris is challenged by Dan and Kirk.  I did this so the audience can easily link these two texts together.  Being a new soap, if we were to use different characters that haven't been introduced through the trailer on the poster, the audience may not realise the two pieces were related and promoting the same new soap opera.  This poster is to be very dark and sinister.  The background will be shadowy and grey/black in colour, connoting horror and dark happenings.  The slogan and title of the soap opera will be in a bright red in contrast to the background and conveniently matching the Channel Five logo, again connoting death, blood and horror.  Hopefully this will interest people into watching the soap to find out what happens.

 
This poster has a portrait layout - unlike my other design.  I wanted it to be striking and capture the viewers attention at first glance which is why the image is quite disturbing.  Hopefully, this shock-factor would make the audience tune in to watch the soap.  I have only included 3 characters on this poster as these are the focus of our trailer so the audience will be able to link the texts easily.  This poster will show more of the soap scenery in the background; with houses from Cherry Gardens in the shot.  Again I have used our verbal slogan on the poster as I think it outlines the content of our soap opera in a nutshell.

No comments:

Post a Comment